Sunday 28 November 2010

Bored Oh!

Tonight I thought we would have a look a wine society Bordeaux that came as a part of a mixed case.  Historically have avoided anything with any Cabernet Sauvignon, including most Bordeaux, as it has always seemed too tannic for me.  This seemed to have passed, so I thought I would try and understand Bordeaux a little better.


Name                 The Societies Exhibition Paulliac
Vintage              2004
Country              France
Region               Bordeaux
Grape                Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc
Maker                Les domaines Barons de Rothchilds
% Alc                12.5%
Price                  £16
Source               The Wine Society



I was expecting to be wowed by this Bordeaux, by a great maker and not a cheap price.  All this presented by my trusted society.  All I can say was it was dull.  The nose was pretty nice, but that was really it.


There is a good chance that I don't drink this stuff purely because it isn't that exciting, and doesn't represent good value for money.  If I had £16 to spend in Burgundy or the Rhone, I could get a really exciting drop.


I will probably venture back at some point, but I'm not sure that it's for me.  If someone can persuade me, please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment