Saturday 23 October 2010

Asda ES Australian Reisling

Tonight I am on the the Asda ES Australian Riesling. I am waiting for a curry, and have been waiting long.  A good maker here, Knapstein.  I have drunk their wines before and enjoyed them.

This is dry and a bit oily on the nose as is expected from this style of Riesling.  Nothing much to write home about here if you know what to expect of a Riesling, nor nothing to complain about either, it is a lovely balanced Riesling, plenty of lime acidity with good structure and a little flinty minerality.  Petrol,. diesel, and general floralness.

The headline is the price, I paid less than a fiver for this good bottle, which is a solid Riesling.  If I went to Marks and Sparks, who sell something really similar, I would be paying nearer to a tenner.  Well done Asda.

No comments:

Post a Comment